Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our New Home

Only seven weeks before the arrival of baby #2, we made our big move to Prior Lake, MN. Thanks to major help from mom, dad, Chris, Mike and Laura, we have our furniture and the majority of the painting completed. Now, we are spending our days unpacking and organizing. This is the part I do not like, but it has to get done before the little one arrives.
The house is great! We now have 4 bedrooms and two full baths. Perfect space for out of town guest and our growing family. We are three block away from the Northern portion of Prior Lake, beach access and two wonderful parks. We chose this area due to the park system, neighborhoods and school systems. We are also only 30 minutes from downtown Minneapolis, the airport and the Mall of America which Eli and I visit a couple times a month for Toddler Tuesday.
I have to also mention how excited Gabby and Tyson are. They now have a large front and back yard to run and play. Our townhome was great, but not enough room for our very active dogs.
We have already met quite a few people in the neighborhood. Eli is meeting more friends and becoming a social butterfly.
Speaking of Eli, he is talking and singing up a storm. He now sings his ABCs all by himself along with Old McDonald. He can now count to 12 with no help and just last night, while I was watching Dancing with the Stars, he asked me to dance, next thing you know, Brad, Eli and I are dancing up a storm. He is such a sweet boy, but don't be fooled, he still has his bad days. Just today, while picking him up from the daycare at the YMCA, I was handed a "yellow slip" informing me that he got in a little fight with another child. I guess it is part of growing up...
Brad is working hard as ever! Since his promotion last month, his hours are a little longer, and he has alot more reponsibility, but he is very happy where he is with his career. I am so very proud of him! He is very much looking forward to taking the canoe out this summer along with being close enough to a lake to sneak away to fish or just paddle around.
And me, well, just enjoying my one on one time with Eli. Our weeks are fillied with playdates, workouts at the YMCA, and currently, getting this house in order before the baby comes. I feel pretty good despite moderate back and hip pain. I feel huge, but that comes with the territory I guess. I never really enjoyed the pregnancy part, but I cannot wait to hold a little baby again! We still do not know the sex, and frankly, we have no idea whatsoever. Alot people say it looks as if I am carrying a girl, but who knows?

Well, pictures of the house will appear soon.
Much love to you all and wishing you a Happy Easter!

Brad, Jen and Eli

No comments: